The California Department of Education is recruiting educators (see definition below) to apply for appointment to a focus group to inform the content and guidance in the 2021 Math Framework. Current K–12 educators are encouraged to apply. If appointed, the commitment is for one two-hour meeting at one of the locations below. All meetings are open to the public.
Members of the focus group must be educators at the time of appointment. CaliforniaEducation Code Section 44013(a) defines an educator in this way:
“Educator” means a certificated person holding a valid California teaching credential or a valid California services credential issued by the commission who is employed by a local education agency or by a special education local planning area and who is not employed as an independent contractor or consultant.
Focus group meetings are scheduled for 4 to 6 p.m. the following dates and locations:
· August 19, 2019, San Diego County Office of Education, San Diego, CA
· August 20, 2019, Sacramento County Office of Education, Sacramento, CA
· *August 20, 2019, Humboldt County Office of Education, Eureka, CA
· *August 20, 2019, Shasta County Office of Education, Redding, CA
· August 22, 2019, Santa Clara County Office of Education, San Jose, CA
· *August 22, 2019, Fresno County Office of Education, Fresno, CA
· August 26, 2019, Baldwin Park Unified School District, Baldwin Park, CA
An asterisk (*) in front of a date indicates that participants will give their input via video conference.
You will be asked to select one location when you complete the online application at https://surveys2.cde.ca.gov/go/mathfocusgroupapp2021.asp.
The application is also available on the Math Framework webpage at https://www.cde.ca.gov/ci/ma/cf/.
Online applications must be completed and résumés/curriculum vitae must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3 p.m. on Wednesday, May 8, 2019. Please encourage your colleagues to apply and to subscribe to the Math Framework Listserv for periodic updates.