California ASCD in collaboration with IL ASCD present
Harvey Silver & Jay McTighe
Teaching for Deeper Learning
Live - Virtual
WATCH RECORDED ON YOUR SCHEDULE FOR 3 WEEKS
When: Tuesday, June 29, 2021 - 7:00-1:00 p.m. (Pacific time)
and Wednesday, June 30, 2021 - 7:00-1:00 p.m. (Pacific time)
As educators, we want all students to learn deeply and well. Yet far too often, students attain only a superficial level of knowledge that fails to prepare them for deeper challenges in school and beyond. Why is this the case? And what can we do about it?
In this two-day online institute, Jay McTighe and Harvey Silver, authors of ASCD's bestselling member book "Teaching for Deeper Learning", will guide you through the what, why, and how of deep learning: What it is, why it's so critical to student success, and how to make it work in your classroom, school, or district.
Together, Jay and Harvey will show you how to raise student achievement and close learning gaps by establishing a deep learning culture - one that teaches all students the skills they need to build a deep understanding of important content and transfer their learning to the real world.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- The two key shifts needed to establish a deep learning mindset in classrooms, schools, and across the district.
- How to frame instruction around big ideas to promote conceptual thinking and transfer.
- The seven deeper-learning skills presented in Teaching for Deeper Learning.
- A set of tools and strategies for developing students' deeper learning skills.
- This innovative online session will also include virtual breakout sessions and opportunities to design lessons collaboratively.
All participants will receive a digital copy of Teaching for Deeper Learning. Recently named one of the 100 Best Teaching Books of All time by Book Authority
Workshop Costs: $319.00 for CASCD members - $368.00 for Non-Members
Harvey Silver, Co-developer of... The Thoughtful Classroom
Jay McTighe, Co-Developer of... Understanding by Design